Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Recipe Thursday

I really need to start getting on actually making these dishes the week before I post them so I can take pictures while I prepare them. Maybe some day I'll get more organized.

I live this recipe because it's super easy and so easy to customize. You can add or subtract ingredients to your heart's content! The list of ingredients below is by no means exclusive or inclusive. If you like something that I haven't added, go for it!

Also, you can either eat this with a fork or with your hands (the latter being my personal preference). Maybe make it the one night each week that your kids can eat without a fork and get a little messy!

Anyway! This week's recipe is...

Haystacks (or Taco Salad, or whatever you want to call it)

     Ingredients:
     Tortilla chips
     Shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican or fiesta blend)
     Diced tomatoes
     Salsa
     Shredded lettuce (I just get whole Romaine hearts and tear them up)
     Sour cream
     Queso dip
     Guacamole
     Corn
     Chopped chicken, ground beef, or tofu crumbles - it's up to you!

     Directions:
  1. Place a layer of tortilla chips on plate.
  2. Layer all other ingredients in any order, adding or subtracting what you like and don't like.
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment