Chicken Parmesan (feeds 5):
5 whole chicken breasts
1 cup flour
2 cups panko or bread crumbs
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one medium-sized bowl, crack 3 eggs and whip them together (like you're making scrambled eggs). In another, pour the flour and in another, the bread crumbs. These are your "stations" for preparing the chicken.
- Take one chicken breast and roll it in the flour, then dunk in egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Heat oil in large skillet at medium-low heat. Only use enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Once oil is hot, carefully place each chicken breast in skillet.
- Cook only long enough for crust to get slightly crispy and light brown.
- Transfer to baking pan and place in oven.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from oven and pour about 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce on top.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan on top and put back in oven for about 5 minutes.
YUM. This is seriously one of my favorite dishes! The crispy chicken...mmm. You can serve this with pasta and vegetables to make it even better!