Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Recipe Thursday

Along with How-To Tuesday (starting soon!) I'm going to do another weekly post on a new recipe that I love to serve my family. Most of the time I can get all the items cheaply whether they be on sale or if I have a coupon, or both!

The purpose of this series is to give you guys a bit of inspiration in the kitchen. I don't know how many times I've looked at all the chicken in my fridge and though, "What in the world am I going to do with this today?" Hopefully with the recipes I will share, that won't happen to you very often!

If there is a recipe you're searching for or an ingredient that you are interested in using but don't quite know how to, let me know! I'll either have a recipe for it or I'll make one up find one. ;] Happy cooking!

Chicken Quesadillas
This recipe is a big hit in my family. I think it's even better than from a restaurant!

     Ingredients:
     4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
     8-10 oz. Shredded cheddar cheese
     18 oz. Salsa
     6 Flour, corn, or whole-wheat tortillas

     Instructions:
     1. Cook chicken in large skillet on medium heat until cooked through. About 20-30 minutes.
     2. Once chicken is cooked, add salsa and allow salsa to warm. About 5 minutes.
     3. In a different non-stick skillet, lightly warm each side of tortilla on medium-low heat but do not brown.
     4. Spread small amount of cheese on tortilla until one half is covered.
     5. Spread chicken and salsa mixture on cheese half of tortilla.
     6. Layer more cheese on top of chicken mixture and cover with other half of tortilla.
     7. Allow cheese to melt on one side and allow tortilla to brown slightly, then flip quesadilla over.
     8. Allow other side to brown slightly then remove from pan.
     9. Repeat with your other tortillas.
     10. Enjoy!

Let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment