Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6/13 and 6/14 Shopping Trips

While we're getting back in the swing of things, one of the things I'll be posting more about is my shopping trips. I feel like it's a great learning tool for beginners to understand exactly how things work (and sometimes don't work) at different stores. It's also a great confidence booster when you know someone else is doing it too! So get out there and don't be afraid!

CVS:
I made a few trips to my local CVS stores today because I had a bunch of rain checks from last week. When a store is out of an item that is included in the weekly sale, I usually get one rain check from each store near me (as long as each store is out). I also only get as many rain checks as I do coupons.

For example, I had a bunch of coupons for Crest Pro-Health mouthwash and Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrushes. Most stores near me were out, but I was able to pick up two of each last week (not pictured) and I got a few rain checks to go along with them.

I redeemed a few of my rain checks today and here's that I got:


  • 6 Crest Pro-Health Mouthwashes (four not pictured - I'm forgetful a lot of the time ;]) - $4.50 each (sale from last week)
    • Used six $2/1 coupons from the 6/5 P&G insert, making them $2.50 each
    • Got back $2.50 ECBs from each mouthwash - $15 total ECBs (from the rain check from last week's sale)

  • 4 Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrushes - $6 each (sale from last week)
    • Used four $3/1 coupons from the 6/5 P&G insert, making them $3 each
    • Got back $3 ECBs from each toothbrush - $12 total ECBs (from the rain check from last week's sale)

  • 9 Seattle's Best Iced Latte's (the others were either in the fridge chilling or had already been consumed haha) - $1.49 each (not a rain check! this is the every day price, so if you have last week's paper, you can still grab them at this price!)
    • Used 9 FREE coupons from the 6/5 SS insert


Crest is on sale again this week - spend $10 on single packs of toothpaste, rinse, toothbrushes, or floss and get back $5 (limit 2). So I got back another $10 for buying over $20 of the mouth washes. I did a few different transactions to minimize my out of pocket and I also paid with ECBs that I had from previous transactions. I paid approximately $6 and walked away with $21 in ECBs. If you had the rain checks and did the transaction as explained above, you would pay $27 out of pocket and get back $37 in ECBs.

Publix:
This week (through tomorrow), Dial body wash is BOGO at Publix. There are also great deals on Bayer Advanced Aspirin and Suave lotion! Check it out:


Here's how I did it:

Transaction 1:

  • 2 Dial Body Wash BOGO $3.91
    • Used two $2/1 coupons from the 6/12 RP insert, making each one FREE plus a total of $0.09 overage
  • 2 Suave Lotion BOGO $2.89
    • Used two $0.75/1 Target coupons (my Publix accepts them as competitors), making each one $0.69
Paid $0.60 plus tax.


Transaction 2:

  • 4 Dial Body Wash BOGO $3.91 ($7.82)
    • Used four $2/1 coupons from the 6/12 RP insert, making each one FREE plus a total of $0.18 overage
  • 6 Bayer Advanced Aspirin $3.49 ($20.94)
    • Used six $2/1 coupons from the 6/12 SS
    • Also used six $2/1 Publix coupons from the Green Advantage Buy flyer, making each one FREE plus a total of $3.06 overage
  • Three bottled drinks (two were $1.59 and one was $1)
THEY paid ME $0.22!!

That was the coolest thing when I saw the register and realized that they owed me something! I've never had that happen before!

PetSmart:
Did you know PetSmart takes manufacturer coupons? There are a bunch of Science Diet coupons available here when you register, including a coupon for $8 off ANY size bag of Science Diet! They are on sale this week. The 4.5lb bags are $9.99 and every bag 15.5lb or larger is $5 off. I grabbed the bag below for just $1.99! There are some 40lb bags on sale for $21.99 after sale and coupon, so just $0.55 per pound!!


The Science Diet treats are also on sale for 2 for $7. The coupons included above feature a $3 off any one size Science Diet treats, so print two to get two bags for just $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment