Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to The Daily Coup!

This is my very first post on my new blog! If you know me personally, you are my inspiration for creating this blog. I’ve been “couponing” for about a year now and after learning the ropes and having some major successes – and failures! – I really wanted to share my journey with you all!

A little about me:

I’m a young, engaged-to-be-married college student still living with her parents. I think that’s one thing that sets me apart from a lot of the other couponers out there. Most of them are mothers and wives whose job is to research and find deals for their readers. I, on the other hand, attend school full-time, intern part time, I’m not married and don’t have kids, and my parents pay for my food (and lodging, and car insurance…). However, I love finding good deals on groceries and household items so my parents don’t have to pay so much for it all. Sometime soon I’ll show you the entire stockpile I’m building of health and beauty items like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.

A little about the blog:

My purpose of this blog is to bring you sales and coupon matchups from stores in my area (central Orlando) along with freebies and other deals. The stores in my area that I will be focusing on are Target, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, Winn-Dixie, and Albertson's. I also have Wal-Mart, but since they don’t really have sales – just “rollbacks” – and tend to be coupon-resistant, those deals will only pop up every once in a while. With the aforementioned stores, there can be some great deals to be had! I hope you all enjoy the content and all the money that can potentially be saved through my tips! First to come are tutorials, where to get your coupons, and other coupon basics. If you have an idea for content that’d you like to see or any questions at all, feel free to leave a comment or email me at thedailycoup@gmail.com!

Disclaimer: I do not receive any compensation from any companies mentioned on my blog. Any opinions I express are 100% mine. I own the rights to my words and thoughts, but I do not own any trademarked company name, logo, or tagline..

3 comments:

  1. As a smart shopper I can say for certain that I will be frequenting this page often. Make sure to update Facebook with your new entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Corrie! What an excellent first post!

    Are you considering covering deals at Winn-Dixie and Albertsons? Nearly every blogger in our area covers Publix and Target and I find matchups at Winn-Dixie and Albertsons to be much harder to find.

    I look forward to following your blog as it grows and progresses. If you need help with anything, please let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, that's a great idea! I forgot about those stores. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete